Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Work Study and Peer to Peer Editing

I think the work study idea is fantastic, any peer to peer editing is good in my opinion because it gives the reader and author a different viewpoint on the writing. My only criticism is that, one peer edit is not enough. I think the class should meet with two or even three people to discuss their writing with. The more the merrier.

With that being said, the individual who read my essay was surprised and liked what I was writing about. With me having a controversial topic, that made me feel good. I thought to myself in class, "This is great, this is good. My topic and essay has already sparked interest." But this is only the "Shitty First Draft." I will continue to do more research as more information is available about my topic and edit and structure my essay appropriately.

Going back to the peer editor, he mentioned that he does not follow the Presidential race much but I have a valid point about the current negative bandwagon against Trump and that I have opened his eyes about the topic. Not saying the editor fully supports Trump now, but giving Trump a second chance and viewing him from a blank slate. This was exactly what I wanted, I needed to debunk the current mindset that people have about Trump and use valid points and argument to persuade my reader for my ultimate argument and call to action.

To summarize, peer edit is a very good idea. I like it but I think there should be more than just one person editing our writing but more. It allows me to see a wider variety of viewpoints and focus on my weak areas. I hope my essay turns out well.

-mc. 2/24/16.


No comments:

Post a Comment