Sunday, February 7, 2016

How dannyiam feels

My personal writing has not been the best but I try and the outcome is what is produce and it's mine. I have taken some rigorous writing courses in high school like AP Language Arts and AP Literature. AP Lang was hell. AP Lit was not so bad. AP Lang was difficult because we had to write one essay every week within guidelines that forced students to not use certain words. These words were common verbal words such as, "important" "very" "can't". We, as students, had to think outside the box and articulate what we wanted to say in different ways to avoid using these words we weren't allowed. On top of that we had four book reports that had to be a hands on project. In addition to all of this, we had a daily journal that would be collected at the end of the semester, like most students, I and others, procrastinated and did about 50 or so entries the night before it was due. The teacher was an extremely harsh grader, too. That did not help one bit. The teacher only gave out two perfect score essays within her entire teaching career. One was achieved my junior year. Hell. AP Lit was not so bad but the most difficult part of it was probably the 30 words we had to remember. We had to remember the correct pronunciation, the part of speech, and definition. The bad part... we had to say it in front of the class by ourselves. If we got it wrong we automatically got a "C" for that grade and had one more chance to get that "C" or else we got an "F". Harsh, but not hell.

I've written in a normal amount of genres like persuasive, critical, research, narrative, personal, ect. All mostly written from my high school days. My writing process is not the most organized but sometimes I have the best sentences or ideas in my head but cannot articulate it or remember it when I finally want to write about it. That makes me sad.

I was born in American. Woodland, CA to be specific but I am mainly Cambodian, both my parents are Cambodian. I have lived in West Sacramento my whole life and I love it, it's its own city and next door to Sacramento. I played tennis all four years in high school and I love tennis and I play for the club here at Sac State. I also go fishing pretty often and have a blast fishing. Video games is one of my strong passions and love. I can literally play video games all day, no shame. I love video games. Anyone that knows me knows this. Those are the main things I love to do, with the usually hanging out with family and friends. This is a short me.

-mc. 2/7/16

I am sad the Panthers lost. I lost a bet, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment